Many of us, Twitter users, participate in #MTOS, which we love. Each Sunday we discuss a film-oriented topic and generally have fun with it. I'm very proud to announce that this week I'm hosting #MTOS, and we're going to explore the genre of mystery on October 16. Generally, #MTOS starts at 20:00 GMT and you are presented with a question every ten minutes. Altogether, there are ten questions on a chosen subject. As you tweet your responses or even if you start some long discussions, don't forget to type in the hashtag #MTOS. To get to know more about the initiative, just go to this post, written by the founder Raghav Modi.
As for this week's set of questions, you can familiarize with them here and weigh up your answers in advance. The ten questions are:
1. What is your favorite mystery film?
2. Which modern director makes the best mystery films?
3. What other genres does mystery blends with well? Examples of movies?
4. What do you look for in a good mystery film?
5. If you were directing a mystery film, who would you cast?
6. Do you prefer mystery films with supernatural/alien/or human elements?
7. Mystery is an integral part of film noir. Which film noir movies would you recommend?
8. Name a few mystery films that should never have been made?
9. As a viewer do you prefer adapting mystery books or do you prefer original ideas?
10. Is there a future for the mystery genre or has it become too mainstream with sub-par mystery movies?
Be there on October 16, this Sunday, to have great discussions about mystery films. Just in case, you still don't follow me on Twitter, you can find me under the username @love_cinema. As for the founders, they are @raghavmodi and @askimrach. Don't forget to tell your friends about #MTOS!
A word from the organizers:
We would like to thank the wonderful people of @hashtracking who despite being informed last minute and while still under a spam attack managed to compile the results of last weeks #MTOS for us. Show them some love and spread the word about their amazing service.
Statistics — #MTOS : Sequels (along with the entire transcript)